The benefits to the consumer under the warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure. All expenses related to warranty claims are the responsibility of the consumer making the warranty claim. The original purchaser of Flooring Online Australia flooring in Australia is offered the following warranties, effective for purchases made after 1st June 2020. Please note our products are warranted for indoor use only and is not transferable in the event of a property sale. Flooring Online Australia's Floors installed in rental properties are covered under Flooring Online Australia's 10 year commercial warranty, not this 25 year residential warranty.
25 Year Limited Surface Warranty
The manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser that the top surface layer will not wear through under normal conditions of wear and tear, for a period of twenty-five years from the date of purchase. Gloss reduction and scratches caused by regular traffic are not considered wear through and are not covered by this warranty. The warranty becomes effective from the date of purchase.
25 Year Structural Integrity Warranty
The manufacturer warrants its product in its original manufactured condition to be free from defects in material and workmanship, including dimension, lamination and assembly (may not apply to special or non-standard grade specifications, as advised at the time of sale).
Flooring Online Australia's Floors must be laid indoors in suitable areas. While they are tough and durable, they are not appropriate for outdoors or humid spaces such as bathrooms and saunas. As such, this warranty does not cover floors that are laid in unsuitable areas. As a natural product, Flooring Online Australia's Floors will continue to expand and contract during normal seasonal temperatures and humidity changes. The product, when properly installed, may experience slight expansion, contraction and separation between boards, which is normal. If minor separation does occur, it is not covered by this warranty. Expansion gaps should be installed as required. Minor Checking is a natural occurrence in many timbers. If less than 10% of boards are affected by checking, this is regarded as a natural process and will not be covered in this warranty.
Product thought to be defective by the installer should be returned to your dealer for inspection and possible replacement prior to installation. Installation implies acceptance of the appearance of the product. If a flooring product from Flooring Online Australia should fail to meet the Terms of the Warranty, Flooring Pty Ltd and the manufacturer, at its option, will either supply a replacement product from the current range, parts to repair or replace the defective product, or refund the purchase price of the defective product prorated over the remaining life of this limited warranty. A minimum of 10% of the total installed surface area must be affected for the warranty to apply. This warranty is exclusive. It covers the repair or replacement of defective materials only. It does not cover mouldings or accessories. It does not cover labour costs. Installation of the replacement products will be at the buyer’s expense. The above remedy is the customer’s only and is an exclusive remedy for claims under this warranty.
The manufacturer will honour claims under this warranty, only if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- The covered person must provide proof of date of purchase, original purchase price and that he/she is the original purchaser. He/she must also demonstrate the floor is at the original installation site
- At all times between purchase and installation, the flooring must be properly stored according to installation instructions.
- This warranty applies to interior residential construction only.
- The flooring must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions. Relative humidity in the area of use must be maintained within a range of 30% to 70%. Room temperature of 15-30°C is recommended.
- The use of evaporative cooling will dramatically increase the moisture content of the flooring and can cause growth of the boards, resulting in possible squeaking or damage.
- Flooring Online Australia's floors must be maintained in accordance with the maintenance guide.
- The warranty will be made void if unusual man-made or natural disasters, including leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake or standing water occur during or after installation.
- Heavy objects and furniture such as bookcases, billiard tables or kitchen units should not be situated on any floating installation. This can lead to the floor failing to respond to contraction and expansion, which can cause squeaking and possible failure.
The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover the following:
- All clearance and discontinued flooring items.
- Indentations, scratches, damage caused by negligence or accident, water ingress, insects, animals, high-heeled or spiked shoes, urine and high traffic areas.
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s written floor installation instructions, including protecting the floor from moisture from the subfloor and other sources.
- Exposure to excessive heat, sunlight or improper humidity in the environment.
- Improper maintenance, insufficient protection or misuse.
- Where subfloor heating is used.
- Improper alterations to the original manufactured product. Alterations or repairs to the manufacturer’s original product will void any and all warranties.
- Changes in colour or appearance due to full or partial exposure to sunlight, weather, ageing or refinishing.
- Failure due to structural changes in the subfloor, settling of the building or an uneven subfloor that has not been adequately levelled (+/- 3mm over 1m).
- Damage/growth/moisture gain from evaporative cooling.
- Failure to maintain adequate ventilation. Most commonly, this may result if areas of floor are closed off for extended periods of time causing excessive heat leading to moisture loss and damage to the floor.
- Excludes all clearance and discontinued flooring, trims, accessories and trade items.
The foregoing is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, except as covered by Common Law. The manufacturer shall not be liable for loss of use or any other incidental or consequential costs, expenses or damages incurred by the original purchaser. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights that may vary from State to State. It should be read in conjunction with Flooring Pty Ltd’s General Terms and Conditions of Sale (available upon request).